Selecting the best themes for blogs is rather a tough task, especially when there are a multitude options available online. One theme seems to out rate the other in multiple ways.
Once you’ve launched your blog (or website) on wordpress, its time to think theme!
Wait before making a purchase, get to know the prerequisites of a perfect theme and then make your choice.
In this article, I thought to share with you, 7 things you should consider in order to choose the best theme for your blog.
Here are a few things to consider before you choose themes for blogs:
- What are your goals for the site? What are you planning to build, Is it a travel/food/personal/viral/portfolio/magazine or a business blog? Does your blog requires you to frequently upload photos and videos? Getting a theme that fits your goals is crucial, as the layout and features will be specialized for your certain purposes. Either to market your product, showcase your work, tell your stories or focus on information.Choose according to your goals! But if you need an online store? Then, Woo-Commerce is the option most people tend to choose.
- Are looks really deceptive? This saying doesn’t apply when it comes to themes. You should never ignore your design. Sure, your colors, backgrounds,logo, fonts and other small design details are necessary, though that’s not the only thing to take into consideration.Make Sure Your Site Looks Good!
- How easy is it to customize? Some themes let you create an entire layout all on your own while others will only let you change colors and logo. And some themes out there give you virtually no control of these things unless you’re handy with code. Depending on your needs one may be better for you than others.
- How well is the support of the theme? This is no small matter. Support when you need it is handy, so do a bit of research before you go for something.
- Is the theme SEO Ready & Responsive? Optimizing your site to increase your search engine rankings is an extremely important feature to consider.Your theme should be SEO Ready & Responsive.Responsiveness will help get great user experience on all devices and screens.Clean mobile friendly navigation is makes it easy for visitors to find stuff, otherwise they will get irritated and go elsewhere.
- How about Page Loading? Site speed is more important than you may have considered.It helps keep more visitors and boost your search engine rankings.If your site takes longer time to load on desktop or mobile it can result in drop in your rankings and conversions.Your visitors can’t sit and wait for your page to load,unless it means a lot to them.It is something you have to take seriously to build and maintain good user experience.
- Above all, free theme or paid theme? Once you start running a WordPress based blog you have two options to choose from, free theme or premium theme. A free theme is the first thing to start with. A free WordPress theme is perfect for you to learn how to use a theme. You can learn the basics of editing a blog, so to speak you can get a better insight. If you are a newbie and decided to go for a free theme, try MyThemeShop premium but free wp themes for blogs. Later on, when you already learned managing and editing your site and you’re not a newbie in the world of WordPress anymore, you’ll discover the limited possibilities of free themes. The major drawback with a free theme is they don’t offer support.
What a theme can cost and offer varies wildly, so be sure to question the worth of both the cheapest and most expensive ones, but remember that there’s lot that can be done internally and at minimal cost than your time.But If you plan to purchase a theme,I suggest you go for a premium theme at an affordable cost rather than opting for the expensive ones.
These are crucial steps to boosting your site’s performance, SEO, and overall value.
Taking steps to improve your website can help it succeed.So, are you ready to make your website a hit in 2016?
QUICK MONEY HACK
- Vindale Research - The biggest plus about Vindale Research is many of their surveys pay quite well. Each survey can pay you anywhere between .50 to $50. So, there is a good chance that you can earn good money from a single survey. The best part is that you get instant $2 FREE when you sign up for Vindale Research
Few more sites that require email confirmation on your end:
- Survey Junkie - Joining Survey Junkie is a no-brainer. Their surveys are short, easy, and you can pick and choose which surveys you want to take. The site pays up to $45 per Survey and has a 4-star rating on Trustpilot. Start earning now
- InboxDollars (US) orInboxPounds (UK) - Inbox Dollars makes it easy to earn money for taking polls, answering surveys (up to $35 per Survey), watching videos, reading emails, referring friends, playing games, shopping online, and lot more! Get a $5 sign-up bonus upon registration and successful activation. Join Now
- Swagbucks - I only heard good things about Swagbucks. A friend of mine made $60.00 plus this month, easy $5 - $6 a day watching funny videos on Swagbucks. I bet you'll love Swagbucks. Just like Inbox Dollars, Swagbucks also pays a $5 sign-up bonus upon email confirmation. Sign Up here.
So,which theme is better for your site?Have you considered these steps while choosing your blog theme?
If you’re already using one, share your experiences and feedback in the comments section below.