Ever thought of taking up a highest paying online job? Do you want to earn $5,000+ per month? $60,000+ per year?
Do you want the opportunity to grow that income to $100,000+ per year?
Interested in a job that allows you to set your own schedule, pick your clients, and work from the comfort of your own home? How about taking up a high paying online job from home?
Too good to be true? Not at all! I am going to show you how you can legitimately earn $5,000 per month online from the comfort of your own home.
I am certain that you will be able to perform at least one of the job functions I have described below. If you cannot, fear not, I have got your back. I have recommended courses you can take that teach you all the skills you need to know to start earning money immediately.
As you read through this article and evaluate your options, I want you to think about what job matches the skill-sets you already possess and, most importantly, what you will enjoy doing all year long. Even if you start offering your services at $30 per hour, you can and will be able to raise your hourly rate as you gain experience, build a network of clients, acquire qualifications, and get better at marketing yourself.
In 2019, I left a lucrative job in corporate America to work full-time on my own. I am pleased to share that I have successfully replaced my salary with earnings from doing some of the online jobs that are described below. If I can do it, so can you.
11 high paying online jobs from home
Note: The annual income listed below assumes you work at the hourly rate listed for 8 hours a day, 5 days a week, 52 weeks a year. And, these online jobs that can realistically earn you $5000 or more every month with dedication on your end.
Hourly rate: $30/hour to $60/hour
Annual income: $62,400 to $124,800
Summary: One of the most lucrative online jobs is virtual bookkeeping. You do not need to be a licensed CPA or have a degree in Accounting or Finance to become a bookkeeper.
You can learn how to become a bookkeeper through online courses and on-the-job training. Some of the tasks that bookkeepers perform are:
- Reconciling bank statements
- Recording invoice and payment receipts in accounting software
- Maintaining petty cash
- Monitoring income and expense
- Creating and maintaining a budget
- Producing financial statements
- Providing financial reports for management
Once you have established yourself as a bookkeeper, you have the opportunity to upskill and offer additional services such as managing payroll, accounts receivable, accounts payable, and eventually offering financial management services for which you can command a higher hourly rate.
Thousands of people have launched successful bookkeeping businesses. You should be next!
- Bookkeeping Business Academy teaches you everything you need to know to set up your own virtual bookkeeping business. They offer a free min-training that you can sign up for you to determine whether bookkeeping is the right fit for you – Get your free access right here.
- QuickBooks Certified Pro Advisor – Many clients use QuickBooks as their primary accounting software. If you are serious about pursuing bookkeeping as a career, I strongly advise you to become a certified advisor.
Hourly rate: $25 to $60
Annual income: $52,000 to $158,080
Summary: Nowadays, every business needs to promote itself on social media. There are countless blogs, small businesses, and freelancers who need someone to manage their social media accounts. Some even want you to develop a social media strategy for them and create all of their content.
Marketing on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and other channels can get complicated and time-consuming. This is where you come in.
Pinterest content creation and management skills, in particular, are in high demand. If you need to brush up your skills, consider taking the courses listed below.
While there are many amateurs who offer similar services online, you can easily stand out in a crowded market space by educating yourself and focusing on providing value.
- Start Your Simple Social Media Management Side Hustle and learn to grow your client’s traffic, subscribers, and income.
- Pinterest Virtual Assistant by Kristin and Gina. This course teaches you all the skills you need to know to navigate Pinterest, how to find and win over clients, Pinterest SEO, how to retain clients and scale your business, and so much more.
Hourly rate: $25/hour to $60/hour
Annual income: $52,000 to $158,080
Summary: Do you have strong English skills and an eye for catching mistakes? If yes, then proofreading is for you. Not only is proofreading a great career to leverage your English skills, it is also quite lucrative. In fact, I earned thousands of dollars from proofreading corporate presentations and novels in 2019.
Proofreaders are in high demand, due to the sheer volume of content that is being created online. Website copy, novels, corporate presentations, college essays, legal transcripts, Ph.D. thesis’, research documents, podcast scripts, and transcripts are just a few of the many niches within proofreading.
In order to be successful, I recommend starting as a general proofreader and then specializing in a particular niche and industry. This will allow you to market yourself as an authority in the field, and charge a significantly higher hourly rate.
If you prefer minimal people interaction, a flexible schedule, and the ability to work from anywhere, then this is the right job for you.
- Proofread Anywhere by Caitlin Pyle. Caitlin has been a proofreader since 2009. She has two expertly created courses, General Proofreading, and Transcript Proofreading. Both of them offer a free intro workshop, which lets you test the waters to see if proofreading is the right fit for you. Sign up for Caitlin’s FREE 76-minute workshop!
4. Virtual Assistant
Hourly rate: $25/hour to $50/hour
Annual income: $52,000 to $104,000
Summary: This is the most general job function on this list. A virtual assistant is honestly, anyone who does a wide variety of tasks remotely in exchange for getting compensated by the hour.
If being organized is one of your strengths, and you enjoy executing tasks such as managing calendars, data entry, scheduling meetings, and a variety of other relatively basic tasks, then this job is ideal for you.
You can increase your hourly rate by delivering more value per hour by being efficient with your time and doing semi-skilled tasks such as basic accounting, assisting with social media management, or possessing strong communication skills that you can leverage to follow up with current or prospective clients on behalf of the individual you work for.
Reliability is the key to obtaining and retaining long-term clients.
Lawyers, entrepreneurs, physicians, small business owners, real estate agents, startups, and a wide variety of other individuals seek reliable virtual assistants that they can outsource some of their work to so that they can save time.
- 30 Days or Less to Virtual Assistant Success by Gina Horkey. This course is widely regarded as the best in class for becoming a virtual assistant. Gina teaches you how to establish your online presence, where to source clients from, how to pitch to convert prospects into clients, and so much more. This course is an absolute must if you want to make some serious money by becoming a virtual assistant.
Hourly rate: $35/hour to $70/hour
Annual income: $62,400 to $145,600
Summary: Writing is one of the most popular work-from-home jobs. While there are a lot of freelancers who can write basic content, an experienced writer can easily raise their hourly rate by learning how to write for specific purposes such as to raise funds, grant writing, medical writing, or writing content that is legitimately persuasive and is optimized for SEO.
No matter where you are on the writing skills scale, you can get started immediately. The sheer volume of content being produced every day necessitates that writers of all skill levels are in demand. You can start with the skill-set you have, and take courses to learn technical writing or writing for marketing and earn more than $100,000 a year from writing alone.
Freelance writers usually bill clients per word rather than on an hourly basis. Competent writers charge between $0.02 per word to $0.06 per word depending on their experience level, linguistic skills, and the amount of time they need to spend researching.
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the median wage for writers in 2018 was $71,850 per year, with an annual job growth rate of 5%.
- 30 Days or Less to Freelance Writing Success by Gina Horkey. Gina’s course is one of the best writing courses available online. She shows you how to chose your niche, find clients, and start making money within days.
- Earn More Writing by Holly Johnson. Holly’s course shows you how to take your writing business to the next level in a step by step course that shows you she earns $200,000+ per year.
6. SEO Consultant
Hourly rate: $35/hour to $80/hour
Annual income: $62,400 to $166,400
Summary: SEO (Search Engine Optimization) works to increase the number of visitors getting directed to a particular website online through online search engines such as Google and Yahoo.
Usually, more website traffic results in more sales, which is why companies are willing to pay a significant amount of money for SEO consultants who deliver results.
Learn: Stupid Simple SEO by Mike Pearson is an easy to follow, non-techie course that is perfect for beginners looking to enter the lucrative world of SEO consulting. Mike also offers a free 5 day SEO boot camp that is ideal for beginners to learn more about what a career in SEO would look like.
Hourly rate: N/A
Annual income: $62,400 to $1,000,000+
Summary: Blogging is inexpensive and easy to start doing. It is also incredibly lucrative if done right and pursued consistently over a few months.
Blogging is an incredible way to share your talents with the world and earn both active and passive income.
All you need to get started is a $3.95 monthly investment on Siteground to potentially make thousands of dollars over the years. Blogging is the new gold rush. Just ask Michelle, who earns more than $1 million per year from her blog.
- Step-by-Step Guide to Start a Money-Making Blog in 15 Minutes! This is a detailed blog post that I created to help you get started immediately. I promise it’s worth your time.
- Blog by Number by Suzi Whitford. Suzi is the industry leader when it comes to helping moms create blogs. Her course tells you everything you need to know in an easy to follow format to create your blog, develop a beautiful website, and start earning money.
8. Affiliate Marketer
Hourly rate: N/A (Commission based income)
Annual income: $60,000 to $500,000+
Summary: Not sure what affiliate marketing is?
No problem. It is simply referral marketing where you earn a commission from every sale. For example, the owner of a digital course could offer to pay you $10 every time a user clicks the affiliate link and purchases the digital course.
You can promote affiliate products via your website, e-mail list, or social media accounts. Furthermore, you can market yourself as an ‘Affiliate Marketing Expert’ and consult individuals and companies on how they can grow their income through affiliate marketing, both as a marketer and as the creator and owner of products.
The best part about affiliate marketing is that you can start making money immediately. In order to sound authentic, and succeed in the long-term, you should only market products and services that you have test yourself and legitimately believe in.
As a rule of thumb, only promote products that you have or would purchase yourself.
Learn: Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing by Michelle Schroeder-Gardner. Michelle teaches you how she went from $0 a month to earning over $50,000 per month from affiliate marketing!
9. Graphic Designer
Hourly rate: $30/hour to $70/hour
Annual income: $72,400 to $145,600
Summary: Are you creative? Are you passionate about visual arts? If you are adept at using creative tools such as Photoshop and Illustrator, then you should strongly consider a career in graphic design.
While you will be able to immediately obtain work at the lower end of the hourly scale, you would need to demonstrate significant experience, strong client relation skills, and a proven track record of executing relatively challenging assignments to raise your hourly rate high enough to earn six figures annually.
Thousands have achieved financial success through graphic design, and so can you.
You do not necessarily require a degree in graphic design to start, but you do need to demonstrate proficiency in graphic design, either through completing certified courses or building an impressive portfolio.
- The Graphic Design School was the first 100% online design school in the world. It has since built a reputation of offering world-class coursework at competitive prices. They offer a variety of courses and educational tools to suit your needs. Completing their courses gives you instant credibility in the job market, which will help you acquire clients.
Hourly rate: $20/hour to $40/hour
Annual income: $41,600 to $83,200
Summary: If you enjoy teaching, want your work to have a social purpose, and have a bachelor’s degree, then tutoring is for you. The opportunities to earn money through tutoring are endless. Online tutoring is growing in popularity by the day.
Children seek tutors in coding, foreign languages, maths, science, and a variety of other subjects. There are many opportunities to earn money online, with English being the most sought after subject.
Before you sign up, there are a few things that you need to know:
- The hourly rate that you can charge will depend upon your experience and educational qualifications.
- Most tutoring services require you to at least have a bachelor’s degree. It does not necessarily have to be in the same subject. E.g., I have a bachelor’s degree in Economics and have tutored children in English.
Tutoring online is a wonderful way to make money. Once you establish a relationship with a few clients and establish a name for yourself, you can significantly increase your hourly rates and the volume of bookings you receive.
Get started here:
- VIPKid connects tutors in the U.S. and Canada with children worldwide (mainly in China) who are looking to improve their English skills.
- EF Education focuses on language development for both children and adults. It’s a great platform to teach and learn new languages.
Hourly rate: $35/hour to $100/hour
Annual income: $72,800 to $208,000
Summary: While you probably need a relevant bachelor’s degree to get a full-time corporate job, you can easily obtain freelance work as a coder after taking a well-reputed online course or enrolling yourself in a coding boot camp.
A close friend of mine, Megan, made a career change from being a Financial Analyst to a Coder when she became a mom. Megan wanted a high-paying job that was in high demand and offered her the opportunity to acquire all the skills she needed to succeed and to earn money from the comfort of her home.
Upon graduating from an online coding boot camp, Megan started to work as a freelance coder charging $35 per hour. As she built up her project portfolio, Megan continued to refine her skills by watching tutorials on YouTube, seeking the help of other coders, and advancing her skills on Code Academy.
Today, Megan earns $135,000 as a full-time, remote coder.
In the long-run, learning how to code is one of the best decisions you can make. Demand for coders is rapidly increasing, and it is one of the few career paths that allow you to make a lot of money while working remotely as a freelancer or as a corporate employee.
- Code Academy. Forty-five million happy students and an experienced and results-driven teaching and management team make this one of the best online learning platforms.
- EdX. A global non-profit educational platform founded by Harvard and MIT and backed by the leading companies in the world. This is a great place to learn from the best in the business.