Are you planning to buy a vlogging camera with a flip screen?
Before cameras with flip screens, vlogging was challenging. Vlogging using cameras without flip screens involved downloading an app to your phone, setting the stage, or using a mirror to see your camera screen.
However, with the advances in camera technologies, you can now get the best affordable vlogging camera with a flip screen from top brands such as Canon, Nikon, Sony, Fujifilm, and Panasonic.
Finding the appropriate camera loaded with the best features and technologies within your budget is the challenging part! Well, you need not think harder, I’ve done the research for you!
The following are a few of the best vlogging cameras with flip screens that range from $300 to $500.
In This Article
- Benefits of a Camera with Flip Screen
- 15 Best Vlogging Cameras with Flip Screens:
- Canon Flip Screen Vlog Camera
- Nikon Vlogging Camera with Flip Screen
- 3. Sony Cameras with Flip Screen
- Panasonic Cameras with Flip Screen
- Best Camera with Flip Screen
- Best 4k Vlogging Camera with Flip Screen
- Best Budget DSLR Vlogging Camera With a Flip Screen
- Pros & Cons Of Nikon D5600
- Best Mirrorless Camera with Flip Screen
- Best Vlogging Camera with Flip Screen Under $200
- Pros & Cons Of Panasonic HC-V180K
- Best Vlogging Camera with Flip Screen Under $500
- Best Vlogging Cameras with Flip Screen Under $300: FAQs
- 1. What are cameras with a flip screen called?
- 2. What is the best vlogging camera under $300?
- 3. What camera do vloggers use (cheap)?
- 4. Is a flip screen important for vlogging?
- 5. Can you add a flip screen to a camera?
- 6. Which Sony Alpha camera has a flip screen?
- 7. Does Nikon have a flip screen?
- 8. Does D7200 have a flip screen?
- 9. What is the cheapest Canon camera with a flip screen?
- Final Thoughts
Benefits of a Camera with Flip Screen
Here are some reasons why vlogging cameras with flip screens are preferred over the usual cameras:
- Shoot vlogs flexibility around obstacles: Having a flip screen camera permits you to shoot around corners using angles that typically won’t be achievable using a non-flip screen camera. This is where you may need a flip screen camera with an LCD to get the exact view of an instant, even if it is a difficult angle.
- Use Selfie Mode: If you are capturing a vlog using a flip screen camera you can see a Live view of yours, and how you look, and you can also adjust the background, and modify lights that will improvise your videos. The screen can tilt on five-axis: horizontal, vertical, left-right, up-down, and roll axis.
- Capture vlogs at low and higher angles with ease: Taking very low-grounded shots for your vlog with flip screen cameras is quite simple. Unlike fixed screen cameras, you don’t have to lie on the ground or kneel to take low-level shots.
In simple, a camera with a flip screen saves time and increases your vlog quality thereby enhancing your productivity.
15 Best Vlogging Cameras with Flip Screens:
After extensive research, here are our top picks for the best Vlogging cameras with flip screens within your budget. These cameras come with all the specs and features you need to capture stunning videos!
|Description/ Category||Best Vlogging Cameras|
|Canon flip screen vlog camera||1. Canon VIXIA HF R800
2. Canon EOS M50
3. Canon EOS M100
|Nikon vlogging camera with flip screen||1. Nikon Coolpix B500
2. Nikon D5500
3. Nikon D5600
|Panasonic cameras with flip screen||1. Panasonic HC-V180K
2. Panasonic Lumix TZ55
3. Panasonic Lumix GH5
4. Panasonic Lumix GH6
5. Panasonic Lumix FZ300
|Sony cameras with flip screen||1. Sony A1
2. Sony ZV-1
|Best vlogging camera with flip screen in 2021/2022||Canon EOS M50|
|Best vlogging camera with flip screen for beginners||Canon VIXIA HF R800|
|Best camera with flip screen||Fujifilm X-S10|
|Best 4K vlogging camera with flip screen||Panasonic Lumix FZ300|
|Best budget DSLR vlogging camera with a flip screen||Nikon D5600|
|Best mirrorless camera with a flip screen||Panasonic Lumix GH5|
|Cheap vlogging camera with flip screen||Panasonic HC-V180K|
|Best vlogging camera with flip screen under $200||Panasonic HC-V180K|
|Best vlogging camera with flip screen under $300||Sony ZV-1|
|Best vlogging camera with flip screen under $400||Panasonic Lumix FZ300|
|Best vlogging camera with flip screen under $500||Canon EOS M100|
Canon Flip Screen Vlog Camera
Here are some Canon vlogging cameras with flip screens:
Highlight:Best vlogging camera with flip screen In 2021
Canon EOS M50 is not just an affordable camera with a flip screen. It has the size, power, and significant connectivity that vloggers crave. Canon EOS M50 is small and portable; you can create your vlogs on the fly.
It also has various specs that make it a worthy purchase. For instance, the EOS M50 can shoot high-quality 4K UHD videos.
You can also post your composition directly to your social channels. Most importantly, Canon EOS M50 has an in-built 3.5mm microphone input, which allows you to insert clean, clear, and detailed sound quality into your videos.
Most people who have used it agree that the EOS M50 is the best vlogging camera with a flip screen in 2021.
Pros & Cons of Canon EOS M50
- Fantastic battery life of about 130 minutes
- It shoots high quality 4K videos
- It captures video in really nice colors
- Canon EOS M50 feels nice in the hand
- You may lose image quality during editing
- M50’s 4K video has only 1.6x crop
Highlight:Best vlogging camera with flip screen for beginners
Another Canon flip screen vlog camera is the Vixia HFR800.
The price difference between the Vixia R800 and the more professional Vixia G30 is over $500. Yet, the simplicity and video quality of the Canon Vixia HF R800 are nearly the same as that of the Vixia G30.
It is a simplified version of the G30, recording video formats up to 1080/60p.
Vixia R800 is the best vlogging camera with a flip screen for beginners. Like the Canon EOS M50, Vixia R800 has a flip screen, so you’d quickly shoot your vlog content at extreme angles and corners.
What I liked most about this camera was its CMO sensor. Even under low-light conditions, it will capture reasonably clear and crisp videos.
Pros & Cons Of Canon VIXIA HF R800
- It offers a 180° layout and a 90 ° face down
- Canon Vixia HF R800 can record videos at 60fps
- Easy to set up
- It can zoom up to 57 times into a focal point
- Vixia R800 has no built-in memory
- It has no 4K resolution
Nikon Vlogging Camera with Flip Screen
Nikon also creates some of the best vlogging cameras with flip-up screens. Take a look at what we found:
Nikon Coolpix B500 has a compact shape and gorgeous design. Although the camera is designed for photography, it can also capture decent videos for your vlogs.
The camera’s 1080p video resolution and 30fps are not only crisp but also save storage space. The B500 can shoot video footage without glitches or pixel shatters.
If you have a travel vlog, Nikon Coolpix B500 is the ideal camera because it is easy to use, zooms up to 40x, and takes phenomenal images.
The flip-up screen can move upwards and downwards, making it essential for selfies and shooting in confined spaces. However, you may occasionally experience heating issues with the camera.
Pros & Cons Of Nikon Coolpix B500
- Nikon Coolpix B500 is the best travel vlogging camera with a flip screen
- It has fewer manual options
- Easy and automatic Bluetooth file transfer from camera to PC or smartphone
- It is quite affordable
- The camera processor does not adjust well to focus in poor lighting conditions.
- You might face challenges transferring recordings to your phone
It is an improvement to the Nikon D5300. Nikon D5500 offers a brilliant three times optical zoom on a 24-megapixel CMOS camera.
It is a highly intelligent vlogging camera that captures sharp, high-quality 1080p videos. You can even shoot 4K videos with the Nikon D5500.
It is light, weighing about 470g, and offers a satisfying grasp for a certain hold. D5500 has a Retouch Menu that allows you to improve your composition.
For example, you can use it to create a color outline, highlight a subject, or soften skin tones. It also allows you to capture fast-moving subjects smoothly and without glitches.
Pros & Cons Of Nikon D5500
- Long battery life
- It has an articulating screen
- You can control it remotely with your smartphone
- Nikon D5500 has a vlogger friendly LCD screen and resolution
- Low magnification
- It has no autofocus micro-adjustment
3. Sony Cameras with Flip Screen
Although Canon and Nikon produce some of the best vlogging cameras with flip screens, Sony is also a worthy competition. It was not until recently that Sony gave their cameras the flip screen convenience.
Here are two Sony cameras with flip screens:
1. Sony A1
Sony Alpha 1 offers incredible resolution and image quality of 9.4 million dots. It can capture high-speed objects at high resolution with significant precision.
Sony A1 has a 50MP full-frame imaging sensor to keep up with the speed. It can shoot 8K videos at 30fps, making it one of the best sony cameras with a flip screen for indoor and outdoor vloggers.
Sony A1’s lens is interchangeable, and the camera holds two batteries. However, the camera does not come with batteries. If you want to create vlogs with the Sony A1, you need a separate battery budget.
Nevertheless, Sony A1 allows vloggers real-time feedback of exposure and any filters you’ve set.
You can connect it to peripheral devices through Bluetooth, Gigabit Ethernet, NFC, or dual-band Wi-Fi.
Pros & Cons Of Sony A1
- Sony A1 has a lightning-quick autofocus and subject tracking
- It shoots up to 8K raw videos
- It has a three-inch tilting touchscreen
- Super-fast burst rates
- Sony A1 is pricey
- Higher fps mode lowers the image quality
2. Sony ZV-1
Highlight:Best vlogging camera with flip screen under $300
Unlike the Sony A1, the ZV-1 is geared more towards vlogging. It has a 20MP compact camera that shoots 4K and full HD videos and stills.
Sony ZV-1 is the best compact vlogging camera with a flip screen and microphone that you can buy for under $300. You can adjust the full touchscreen flip screen to avoid straining when vlogging at extreme angles.
Sony ZV-1’s 3.5mm microphone is easy to set up. It is also fuzzy to cancel distracting wind noise when recording your videos.
However, the ZV-1’s image stabilization may be a let-down to some vloggers.
Sony ZV-1 captures better images when you are not walking. Its 1-inch sensor can shoot high-quality vlogs with consistent focus and pleasing backgrounds.
Pros & Cons Of Sony ZV-1
- Excellent autofocus
- The microphone offers high-quality audio
- Sony ZV-1 is affordable
- You can carry it in your pocket
- Sony ZV-1 has an average video stabilization
- It does not offer enough versatility for advanced vloggers
Panasonic Cameras with Flip Screen
Panasonic also produces a range of cameras with flip screens, such as Panasonic Lumix TZ55 and Panasonic GH6.
Highlight:Best Panasonic Camera for beginner vloggers.
Panasonic Lumix TZ55 is a more casual camera for vloggers. It is closer to the TZ40, only that the TZ55 has a flip-up screen that’s ideal for selfies.
The camera runs on a 16.1MP sensor, making its resolution lower than its predecessors. However, the Sonic Speed Autofocus of Panasonic Lumix TZ55 is fast even in dimly lit spaces.
The camera offers a 20 times wide zoom and high image stabilization even if you zoom the subject to the max. It is the first Lumix to provide a tiltable LCD screen.
The TZ55 captures quality 1080p videos and has Wi-Fi to share your compositions directly from the camera.
Pros & Cons Of Panasonic Lumix TZ55
- Lumix TZ55 has a functional flip-out selfie screen
- Decent battery life
- It provides a vast angle of view
- It is comfortable and easy to use
- It does not capture RAW footage
- It does not perform well in low light
Highlight:Best Panasonic Mirrorless Camera.
Panasonic Lumix GH6 is relatively small and light, weighing about 647g. It is aimed at both vloggers and still photographers.
Unlike the Lumix TZ55, the GH6 has a brand new Micro Four Thirds sensor of 25.2 megapixels, an expanded ISO range between 50 and 25600, and a high-performing Venus Engine.
The camera also has a three-inch flip-up LCD screen with a touchscreen system.
It is lighter, faster, more compact, and can produce better videos for vlogs. The GH6 can shoot up to 4K/120p footage. It captures the details and reproduces beautifully natural and realistic colors.
Pros & Cons Of Panasonic Lumix GH6
- Easy handling
- Panasonic Lumix GH6 has unrivaled internal recording options
- It is a compact vlogging camera with a flip screen
- Excellent in-body stabilization
- Reduced battery life
- Imperfect autofocus
Best Camera with Flip Screen
Professional vlogging cameras can be pretty expensive. However, there are standard cameras for amateur vloggers. After considering everything vloggers look for in a camera, Fujifilm X-S10 is the best.
Fujifilm X-S10 is not just for beginners. It offers significant capabilities and customizations that would please both amateurs and professional vloggers. It records 4K/30p videos and has a built-in flash and a headphone socket with an adapter.
The X-S10 makes it easier for beginners to learn and grow their skills to become more proficient.
Fujifilm X-S10 has a fantastic flip screen that helps you change perspectives and capture different angled shots.
In addition, the X-S10 has PASM controls that allow you to change the program, shutter speed, and aperture settings by turning a dial.
If you have used Canon or Nikon DSLR before, transitioning to the X-S10 should be easy.
Pros & Cons Of Fuzifilm X-S10
- Fabulous image quality
- It has a fast and reliable autofocus
- Fuji X-S10 has a five-axis in-body image stabilization
- Provides an excellent grip and comfortable handling
- Fujifilm X-S10 is costly
- Short battery life
Best 4k Vlogging Camera with Flip Screen
A 4K vlogging camera records videos at a four-times high-definition resolution than 1080p videos. A camera like the Panasonic Lumix FZ300 falls in that category. It crams four times as much information into the flip-up screen, with over 1.44 million pixels.
Highlight:Best 4K Vlogging Camera with flip screen under $400
Panasonic Lumix FZ300 is the best 4K vlogging camera with a flip screen. It has an improved LCD and an exposure value that makes it convenient while shooting in the sun/glare.
Lumix FZ300 has a killer lens of 4.5 – 108mm packed with unique features and performance. For instance, it can shoot continuously at up to 12 frames per second.
The 24x zoom can magnify objects from incredible distances without compromising on quality. The FZ300 also captures high-quality 8-megapixel stills, apart from capturing ultra HD videos.
And, it comes with a battery, a charger, AC and USB cable, lens hood and lens cap, a software CD-ROM, and a shoulder strap.
Pros & Cons Of Panasonic Lumix FZ-300
- Records brilliant 4K videos
- The camera’s body is weather-resistant
- Best vlogging camera with flip screen under $400
- Can capture RAW footage
- Panasonic Lumix FZ300 is expensive
- Underwhelming autofocus performance
Best Budget DSLR Vlogging Camera With a Flip Screen
Nikon D5600 is the best budget DSLR vlogging camera with a flip screen. It also has an internal microphone.
The D5600 also has a mic jack for an external microphone if you are not satisfied with the audio quality of the internal microphone.
Highlight:It is Nikon’s high-end entry-level DSLR camera.
If you are on a budget but still want a vlogging camera with a flip screen and a mic jack, you should consider the Nikon D5600.
It allows you to use a stereo microphone or a Bluetooth microphone to add audio to your videos. You can also adjust the LCD flip screen to record your vlogs from high up or down low.
Nikon D5600 is packed with GPS, a slightly sharper screen, Wi-fi, and extra battery life.
Most importantly, the camera has SnapBridge, Nikon’s file transfer system. You can use SnapBridge to automatically sync the camera to your phone and transfer files quickly and efficiently.
While this camera does require a slightly higher budget, it is also more versatile and capable of much higher video quality. Whether that’s necessary for your YouTube channel is really up to you, though.
Pros & Cons Of Nikon D5600
- Low priced DSLR vlogging camera with flip screen
- Provides sharp and crisp images
- Seamless file transfer from camera to phone
- Decent autofocus system
- SnapBridge needs improvement
- Shoots 1080p videos
Best Mirrorless Camera with Flip Screen
Mirrorless cameras are lighter, faster, more compact, and better for vlogging. There are several mirrorless cameras today, but Panasonic Lumix GH5 is probably the best one with a flip screen.
Panasonic Lumix GH5 has a fully articulating touch screen and in-body image stabilization that limits blurs that could result from camera shake. It packs many quality features that can compete against more expensive cameras.
The Lumix GH5 shoots 4K videos at 60p. It is a must-have mirrorless camera for an aspiring vlogger on a budget.
GH5 has a powerful processor that recognizes human and animal faces. Additionally, it runs the autofocus system at 48fps when shooting 24p videos. However, the Lumix GH5 has no RAW output.
Although it was designed for still photography, the camera has earned a home among vloggers and filmmakers.
Pros & Cons Of Panasonic Lumix GH5
- The best mirrorless camera with a flip screen
- Weather sealed
- It captures 10-bit 4K videos
- Excellent in-body image stabilization, especially for video
- Does not record RAW video format
- It is expensive
Best Vlogging Camera with Flip Screen Under $200
If you are on a $200 budget, the best vlogging camera with a flip screen would be the Panasonic HC-V180K.
Panasonic HC-V180K: Cheap Flip Screen Camera
Highlight:Cheap Vlogging Camera with Flip Screen
Panasonic HC-V180K is a low-end camcorder with vlogging features. It is the cheapest vlogging camera with a flip screen.
Although the camera does not record 4K videos, it records impressive pictures and videos. The HC-V180K has an incredible 50x zoom, giving you a closer look at objects that are further away.
However, its operating system is not fast enough. You cannot install most third-party apps for an extra video recording experience. However, if you record your vlogs while walking, you can find the image stabilization quite helpful.
The Panasonic HC-V180K responds weakly to low light but performs excellently during the day.
Pros & Cons Of Panasonic HC-V180K
- Long-lasting battery life
- Optical image stabilization
- Improved lens and microphone quality
- It is cheap
- It does not accept an external microphone input
- Low performance in low light
Best Vlogging Camera with Flip Screen Under $500
If you can save $500 for a vlogging camera, get yourself a Canon EOS M100.
Canon EOS M100’s performance is closer to higher-end mirrorless cameras and DSLRs.
It is Canon’s entry-level mirrorless camera. It offers terrific shots for those transitioning from smartphone use.
In addition to having a flip screen, the EOS M100 has a large APS-C sensor that will give you higher quality photos than any smartphone.
The camera’s interactive displays and controls are simple because it does not target expert bloggers.
If you’ve never used a camera with a large sensor or interchangeable lenses, buy the Canon EOS M100.
It will help you familiarize yourself with the controls and settings before upgrading to more expensive vlogging cameras.
Pros & Cons Of Canon EOS M100
- EOS M100 is affordable
- It has a fast autofocus
- It has a 180-degree tilting LCD screen
- The camera is compact
- No electronic viewfinder and microphone input
- Shoots only 1080p videos
Best Vlogging Cameras with Flip Screen Under $300: FAQs
1. What are cameras with a flip screen called?
Cameras with flip screens are called flip screen cameras, tilt screen cameras, or articulated screen cameras. The visual display is not fixed but hinged to the camera, so you don’t break your neck while shooting videos in limited spaces.
2. What is the best vlogging camera under $300?
The best vlogging camera under $300 is the Nikon Coolpix B500. Besides being a flip screen, the camera can magnify a focal point 40 times. It allows you to create high-quality 4K videos for your vlog at angles that could otherwise be impossible with fixed screen cameras.
3. What camera do vloggers use (cheap)?
Entry-level vloggers can use low-priced vlogging cameras like the Canon EOS 350, Nikon Coolpix B500, or Sony ZV E10. The cameras have capable image sensors, fast processors, a flip-screen, and better autofocus.
4. Is a flip screen important for vlogging?
A flip screen is essential for monitoring your recording regardless of the camera angle or space restrictions. Unlike fixed-screen cameras, vlogging cameras with flip screens have a selfie mode. Flip the screen to any axis to ensure you’re always in frame.
5. Can you add a flip screen to a camera?
You can use a mirror setup to add a flip screen to any vlogging camera whose monitor pops out of the camera. Some vlogging cameras like the new GoPro may come with the setup. Otherwise, you can buy it separately and add a flip screen to your camera.
6. Which Sony Alpha camera has a flip screen?
If you are looking for a vlogger-friendly sony camera with a flip screen, get the Sony A1 or Sony A7R III. They have a high-quality touch screen flip screen with five-axis image stabilization. Sony Alpha cameras are for both amateur and professional vloggers.
7. Does Nikon have a flip screen?
8. Does D7200 have a flip screen?
Flip screens are essential for seeing what you are recording and framing your shots. However, like the Nikon D3500, Nikon D7200 has no fully-articulating flip screen. The absence of a flip screen makes recording quite challenging for vloggers.
9. What is the cheapest Canon camera with a flip screen?
The cheapest Canon camera with a flip screen is the Canon EOS M200 Compact Mirrorless Digital Vlogging Camera. Equipped with a 24.1 Megapixel CMOS (APS-C) sensor and interchangeable lenses, this camera boasts 4K video capability and serves most of your vlogging needs. Canon EOS M200 can shoot full HD videos in stunning detail even under low light conditions.
Finally, Canon, Nikon, and Panasonic are the top champions on the list of best flip screen vlogging cameras under $300.
When speaking of low-priced vlogging cameras you normally need a flip screen, Wi-Fi, HD 1080p video quality, and a microphone in the front. Luckily, all these features are covered in our list.
If you are a vlogger and searching for some reasonable yet best-worthy options for creating an impact with your vlogging, then we have the best ones to rely on one. Get started with capturing terrific videos and transforming yourself into a professional vlogger.
Hey Folks, thanks for stopping by my blog!
I’m Swati. I’m a mom, side hustler, full-time blogger and a millennial work-at-home expert featured on Forbes, CEO Blog Nation, Referral Rock, Vital Dollar, and Databox blog. I embarked on this impeccable journey to expose my online monetary experiences and help you all earn money from home. Come join my make money revolution and attain financial freedom – it’s not as hard as you think!