Proofreading is one of the lesser-known work-from-home job that’s gaining immense traction these days.
I often talk about the best ways to work at home and make a decent income doing what you love, proofreading is one of them.
For some of you, this might come as a surprise if I say, Proofreaders can earn up to $40,000 annual income (some proofreading jobs pay up to $65 per hour) by staying at home.
That’s the potential of this side hustle and you don’t even have to work full-time (just like this mom of two does).
There is an incredibly high demand for proofreading worldwide, and the best part is that you don’t need to be in any specific location to do the job… it’s all from your computer or tablet!
As a proofreader, your job is to look for possible corrections in files, do the necessary editing, and make the copy perfect. It takes a certain “eagle eye” ability, and a knowledge of grammar to be good at proofreading.
Have the necessary skills? Then, you’re good to go even if you don’t possess any prior experience.
Start your freelance proofreading hustle – Sign up for this FREE 76-min workshop.
Today, I have Peggy Hefner, owner of Wyrd Services with us. She’s a blogger, busy proofreader, virtual assistant, and a mom of two. She’ll showcase the true power of Proofreading and what she did to earn a living doing Proofreading. You can find more about her and her success story as you read…
If you’re interested in taking up this side job, you’ll definitely learn how to do it the right way after reading this post. Dive in and learn to become a proofreader from home!
Interesting Read: 17 Flexible Stay at Home Mom Jobs to Make Up to $80/hr
Table of Contents
- 1. Hi Peggy, Can you please tell us a little about yourself and your work?
- 2. What is Proofreading?
- 3. How do you realize that Proofreading is the perfect work-at-home career for you?
- 4. How long have you been in this career? And when did you start seeing money come in?
- 5. How much money do you make per month as a proofreader?
- 6. In your opinion, what are the three core skills and tools that are needed for those side hustles?
- 7. Did you get trained prior to getting into this career? If so, what helped you the most?
- 8. How did you land your first project/client?
- 9. What are some big obstacles you had to overcome getting started? And what surprising lessons have you learned along the way?
- 10. What advice would you give to someone wanting to become a proofreader? Do you recommend any course which can help you in this journey?
- Why did I choose Caitlin’s Proofread Anywhere Course?
1. Hi Peggy, Can you please tell us a little about yourself and your work?
2. What is Proofreading?
3. How do you realize that Proofreading is the perfect work-at-home career for you?
4. How long have you been in this career? And when did you start seeing money come in?
5. How much money do you make per month as a proofreader?
6. In your opinion, what are the three core skills and tools that are needed for those side hustles?
- First and foremost, you need to have good communication skills.
- Second, punctuality. Always meet the deadline given. If you can’t honor your deadline refer to the first skill of communication and let your client know immediately that you can’t finish the job.
- Third, it would benefit you if you could grasp grammar rules. You are not expected to memorize them all. However, it helps if you are familiar with the rules and know where to find them. Paying close attention to detail will benefit you in this business. Also, proofreading software rarely catches the errors of homonyms and transposed words. The software also doesn’t make suggestions based on your client’s preferences.
7. Did you get trained prior to getting into this career? If so, what helped you the most?
8. How did you land your first project/client?
9. What are some big obstacles you had to overcome getting started? And what surprising lessons have you learned along the way?
10. What advice would you give to someone wanting to become a proofreader? Do you recommend any course which can help you in this journey?
Why did I choose Caitlin’s Proofread Anywhere Course?
Well, if you enroll in this course, you’ll not only gain the skills needed to succeed as a proofreader, you’ll also learn how to monetize your skills and create a successful business.
Don’t listen to me, though. Check out Caitlin’s FREE 76-minute workshop, where she goes into detail on what the course includes and how it will benefit you immediately after graduating.
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- What a successful proofreader does (and doesn’t do!)
- How to elevate your skills to become a GREAT proofreader
- How to use one of the most popular proofreading tools out there… and learn a few places to find clients!
- Learn more about the proofreading profession
So if you want to learn more, you can get access here.
Want to learn to proofread from an expert 6-figure proofreader, be sure to check out this FREE WEBINAR to learn the secrets to make up to $65 per hour with freelance proofreading!
If you’ve been looking for some amazing work-at-home options, I got you covered! Check out my interviews for real-life stories of people making money from home doing what they love!
- How to Make $2,000 a month Freelance writing from Home?
- How this Stay at Home Mom Makes $2k a Month as a VA?
- How this College Student Makes $2700 a Month as a Part-time VA?
- How This Newbie Blogger Makes $3000 per Month in Just 6 Months?
Hey Folks, thanks for stopping by my blog!
I’m Swati. I’m a mom, side hustler, full-time blogger and a millennial work-at-home expert featured on Forbes, CEO Blog Nation, Referral Rock, Vital Dollar, and Databox blog. I embarked on this impeccable journey to expose my online monetary experiences and help you all earn money from home. Come join my make money revolution and attain financial freedom – it’s not as hard as you think!