If you are a new Cash App user, you may have at one point wondered about the right way on how to transfer money from Cash App to Venmo.
As it happens, you cannot send money straight from your Cash App account to a Venmo account. However, there are several financial facilities that Cash App and Venmo users can use as intermediaries to make this transfer.
Nevertheless, the two platforms have varying features and products that see people signing up for both apps. So, can you move your money between the apps?
Below we look at the necessary steps on how to use other financial services to enable the transfer of funds from the Cash App to the Venmo mobile app and vice versa.
Does Venmo Work With Cash App? Can I Link My Cash App Card To Venmo?
Being competitors in the field, none of the peer-to-peer payment app offers a direct link to the other, meaning you can’t send money directly from Venmo to Cash App.
Basically, Cash App and Venmo are both designed for digital money transfers between their respective users and partnering merchants.
The easiest way of making money transfers between these two applications possible is to have them tied to a personal bank account.
Another popular workaround is via the apps’ debit cards; Cash Card (Visa) and Venmo Debit Card (Mastercard).
Can I Transfer Money From Cash App To Venmo?
You cannot send money straight from your Cash App to Venmo. However, a near-direct transfer from Cash App to Venmo can be made possible by linking your Venmo debit card to Cash App. Additionally, you can move cash from Cash App to Venmo by using a common linked bank account.
NOTE: If you are researching how to send money from Venmo to PayPal, the process is similar to the steps covered in the rest of this post. The reason is that, though PayPal is the owner of Venmo, the two apps aren’t integrated.
How To Transfer Money From Cash App To Venmo? [Step-By-Step]
Transfer between two users of the same app, say Cash App to Cash App or Venmo to Venmo, is seamless. However, transferring money across diverse digital wallets takes time and a little ingenuity.
Transfer of money from Cash App to Venmo can either be done through cardless transfer or using a card.
Using a Debit card.to initiate this transfer, you first need to add your Venmo debit card to Cash App- that is if you have not added it yet.
Below are the simple steps to transfer money from Cash App to Venmo:
- Launch your Cash App
- Click on ‘Linked banks’ in the profile menu.
- Click on ‘Link bank.’
- Enter your Venmo debit card number.
- Feed your card information ie, (card verification value and card expiry date)
- Enter your ZIP code.
The Venmo Card you have just added will now feature among the list of banks that you can transfer funds to. To initiate a Cash App to Venmo transfer:
- Open your Cash App and hit Cash Out.
- Type your preferred transfer amount and click Cash Out.
- Click Standard transfer or Instant transfer, then validate the transaction.
A standard transfer takes 1-3 business days to go through but is free of charge. Instant transfers are timely but you have to pay a small fee.
How To Transfer Money From Cash App To Venmo Without Card?
To make a money transfer from Cash App to Venmo without a card, you need to first make sure that you have added a bank account to both your Venmo and Cash App.
To link a bank to your Cash App:
- Open your Cash app and click on the User icon.
- Click Linked Banks and choose Link Bank.
- Feed in the details of the bank you want to add; account name, ZIP code, phone number, and email.
To link a bank account to your Venmo:
- Click on your initials or picture to go to the ‘Me’ tab from your Venmo App.
- Tap on Wallet.
- Choose Add a bank or card then click, Bank.
- Choose your verification method (manual or instant).
The ‘manual verification’ process lets you key in your bank details to complete the link. With ‘instant verification’, your Venmo and bank are linked via Plaid.
After your bank is successfully added to Venmo:
- Launch the Cash App and click the Money tab.
- Click Cash Out.
- Type your preferred withdrawal amount and tap Cash Out.
- Choose between the standard or instant transfer option and validate with your PIN or Touch ID.
Wait for the withdrawn amount to reflect in the bank account and once it does, follow the details below on how to add money to Venmo:
- Click on the ‘Me’ tab on Venmo.
- Click on ‘Add money’ and type the amount you wish to deposit then click ‘Done’.
- Review the account you are transferring from and click Next.
- Choose your preferred transfer mode, between Instant and standard transfer then click Add Money.
Can You Send Money From Venmo to Cash App?
Sadly, there is no straightforward way of transferring money from a Venmo account to a Cash App account.
Instead, you have to link the two services to a mutual personal bank account. Next, follow the prompts on how to transfer money from Venmo to debit card or bank account.
After the cash shows in the connected account, you can then send the money to Cash App using the Add Cash feature.
How To Transfer Money From Venmo To Cash App?
You can either use a bank transfer or set up a direct deposit from Venmo to the Cash App.
For this to work, ensure you have linked your bank account to both your Cash App and Venmo account as explained above.
If your account is already added and verified, below is how to transfer money from Venmo to the bank:
- Open your Venmo App
- Tap the Menu tab (three lines) and select, “Transfer Money”.
- Type your preferred transfer amount and tap “Next”.
- Choose between instant or standard transfer option and click ‘Next’.
- Choose your bank account then validate the transaction.
When the money reflects in your wallet balance, here is how to finish the Venmo – Cash App transfer:
- Launch your Cash App.
- Tap the Balance tab and select ‘Add Cash’.
- Key in the amount and click ‘Add’.
- Validate the transaction through the touch ID of PIN.
How To Send Money From Venmo To Cash App via Direct Deposit
A direct deposit is a clever method on how to get money from Venmo without a bank account. What’s more, the transfer sends cash directly into your Cash App.
To initiate a direct deposit from Venmo to Cash App, you need to add your Cash App as a bank account to your Venmo.
You require your Cash App Direct Deposit Information. To get this info:
- Open your Cash App.
- Tap the ‘$’ sign. Your account and routing digits are displayed below the balance.
- Click on Get Account Number.
- Click Enable account in the notification you will receive.
- Tap Copy Account Details and click on the option to copy your account or your routing number.
After getting your routing and account number, you now need to add them to your Venmo App using this process:
- Launch your Venmo and click on Menu Tab (three lines)
- Click on Add Bank or card under the ‘Payment Method’ options.
- Select ‘Add Bank’ and fill in the Cash App account and routing numbers.
- Follow the prompts including confirming the routing number then click Save and Continue.
Venmo will now connect to your Cash App as if it were a bank and make some deposits for verification purposes.
Check your Activity tab on Cash App for the deposits and use the details to verify the deposits on Venmo in the Payment Methods tab.
Note: Cash App uses either Sutton or Lincoln Bank for direct deposits. As such, look for the transactions bearing either of the banks’ names during verification.
After verification, you can now make a direct transfer from Venmo to Cash App, using your Cash App bank as the institution of choice for the transfer.
Does It Cost To Transfer Money From Cash App To Venmo?
When using Cash App and Venmo, you have the freedom to choose between standard and instant transfers.
The good thing about standard transfers is that you don’t incur any transaction costs, However, it will take several business days for the money transfer to go through.
The minimum charge for both Cash App and Venmo is $0.25.
How Long Does It Take To Transfer Money From Cash App To Venmo?
The time taken to transfer money from Cash App to Venmo varies depending on your preferred transfer option and the channel you take.
The standard transfer option helps you to cut costs but it takes 1 – 3 business days, and up to 6 days, for the money transfer to go through.
The instant transfer option takes a short while (not more than 30 minutes) to process your money transfer but you have to pay a fee to access it.
Why Is Venmo Transfer To Cash App Not Working? [Troubleshooting]
There are possible reasons why sending money from your Venmo to Cash App is declining.
- The transaction may have raised security questions
- The issuer of the card or your bank account may have declined the transaction.
- Your internet connectivity might be unstable.
How To Fix It?
To solve the issue, you need to;
- Talk to your bank or card issuer concerning the issue.
- Use of a different bank account or card.
- Contact Cash App Support and report the issue.
- Ensure you are using a stable internet, and to avoid scammers, keep off public WiFi when using Cash App, Venmo, or any other money app.
What Is Venmo Transfer Limit To Cash App?
A new and unverified account on Cash App can only receive $1,000 from your Venmo account, which comes with a $5,000 limit per transaction to your bank account and a weekly limit of $19,999.99 (rolling) for bank transfers.
Once your account is verified, Cash App removes your receiving limit restrictions, allowing you to receive up to $25,000 for each direct deposit, at a limit of $50,000 in a day.
Instant Transfer Venmo To Cash App: Final Thoughts
Instant transfers are the fastest way to move money to Cash App from Venmo.
The service, however, costs up to 1.75% of the amount that you are transacting, with the charge being deducted from the dollar value of the transaction.
To enable the transfer, make sure to have added your Cash App as a bank on Venmo through the process described earlier.
Using a common bank account to link both apps is another fast way of initiating the transfer.
Most importantly, choose the instant transfer option while sending money from Venmo to Cash App and the transfer will go through within 30 minutes; if not instantaneously.
Hopefully, with the continuous developments in digital money features, the transfer of money between the two apps could be a tap away; but for now, go for the above workarounds.
- Can I Send Money from Greendot to Cash App?
- Can I Send Money from Cash App to PayPal?
- Can I Send Money from Chime to Cash App?
- Can I Send Money from Apple Pay to Cash App?
- Can I Send Money from Cash App to NetSpend?
- Can I Send Money from Varo to Cash App?
Howdy Folks, thanks for stopping by my blog.
I’m Swati, a proud mom, dedicated side hustler, full-time blogger, and a recognized millennial work-at-home expert. My expertise has been featured on esteemed platforms such as Forbes, CEO Blog Nation, Referral Rock, Vital Dollar, Databox blog, and many more. I have embarked on this incredible journey to share my firsthand experiences in the world of online income generation and to assist all of you in earning money from the comfort of your homes.
Join me in my mission to revolutionize the way we make money and achieve financial freedom. Trust me, it’s not as challenging as it may seem!
Together, let’s explore the boundless opportunities and pave our paths towards a prosperous future.