Are you on the lookout for legitimate work from home jobs? Do you wish to increase your income while enjoying family-time? Then you’ve landed in the right spot.
Today, I have ultimate list of 30 no-fee work from home online jobs that can provide you with the high income that you have been looking for. You can fill your pockets working from home. The fun part is these legitimate work from home online jobs require little to no experience and anyone with good English skills and a computer can get started right away.
These freelancing jobs are mainly suitable for stay-at-home moms, dads, and college students who would like to utilize their free time in generating some good income. In fact, you’ll be surprised to know that you can earn more than what some big companies pay for working for them and that too from home.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. Here's what that means?
No wonder the demand for these freelancing jobs is increasing fast, and they can be handled by anyone who has a good command over their English and has basic knowledge about computers. The main advantage of these jobs is that you can make it your main hustle or even work part-time while maintaining your day job if you want.
Interested in learning more about these sites? Keep reading…
I’ve categorized these different freelancing jobs under three main heads for your convenience.
Transcription jobs are very easy and it is similar to data entry. The best part is they are ideal for newbies and semi-skilled transcriptionists alike. As a transcriptionist, you can easily make $45,000 a year converting audio/video files to written format. All you need to do is listen to an audio recording and type the contents in a word document and submit it to the client.
Literally, there’s a ton of work out there for transcriptionists — and with the exploding popularity of video all over the internet, there is a rapidly increasing demand for transcription. If you aren’t aware, let me tell ya, they are basically two kinds of transcriptions, one is general and the other legal. General transcription is the practice of transcribing from audio and video files for all different types of industries, such as academia, marketing, interviews, films, among others. Legal transcription requires all of the skills necessary as a general transcriptionist with the added knowledge of legal terminology and documentation.
You can enroll in this FREE 7-day mini course to learn more about transcription, the demand for transcriptionists, the skills involved, and whether or not it’s a good path for you.
Here are the sites that you can rely on.
- TranscribeMe: This is a great site for beginners and also for professionals. You can join the site from any part of the world and earn a good income sitting at your home. However, you need to first clear a transcription test before you can actually start working.
- Tigerfish: This is perhaps one of the biggest and the best transcription job sites that you can come across on the internet. This site enables the freelancers to earn extra income from their home. This site is actually also the oldest transcription job site to exist out there. The site is known to offer a wide variety of transcription jobs to its freelancers.
- Rev.com: This is yet another great site where you can join as a transcriptionist. Job applicants from all over the world join this site in order to generate an income for themselves. The site also provides you with house transcription editor software so that you can do the job with ease.
- SpeakWrite: If you wish to make a lot of money by putting in less effort then this is the transcription site that you should join. You can actually earn up to $3000 in a month by working for this site. It is no joke. The site helps you to generate a huge income for yourself by working from home. If you have the skills then you can be a part of this site any time, any day.
- Scribie: This is a site which is known to provide big opportunities to freelancers to earn more from home. All you need to do is simple transcription tasks for which the company will pay you a good amount. Before you get certified as a transcriber you will have to clear the English test set by the site.
- Quickate: This is one of the popular transcription job sites that is known to people. The site a very good opportunity for freelancers to earn a good income sitting at the comfort of their house. The site will pay you for every 4 words that you transcribe correctly. You can receive your payment through PayPal every Monday of the week. However, you need to first clear a test in order to start working.
- Daily Transcription: This site is known to provide daily transcription tasks to the freelancers. Thus, you can have a regular flow of income by joining this site. The site is also known to offer opportunities in various sectors which include academic, legal, and corporate and entertainment. The site is always looking for new members to hire.
- Casting Words: The site hires freelancers from all corners of the world. This basically means that regardless of your geographical location you can still apply for the site. This is one of the best transcription job sites that you can come across. The best thing about the site is that you can listen to the transcription file before you actually accept it. The site pays you per minute audio.
- Verbal Ink: Next on the list we have Verbal Ink which is yet another great site where you can work to earn a good income. The site has a good reputation in the market so there is no need for you to worry about. At first, you will have to clear an English test after which you will be hired. You also need to submit your CV at the time of applying.
- Birch Creek Communications: This is yet another good transcription site that you can join and earn a good income working from home. You can avail various transcription jobs from this site. All you need is good English skills and clear the test in order to start working. Once you become a part of the site you can earn a good income for yourself.
Editing and Proof-reading Jobs:
While editing requires you to scrutiny a document for sentence structure, clarity, and flow, proof-reading involves reviewing the document as the final step before submitting to the client. This is where you to read the document word by word in order to make sure that there are no spelling or grammatical errors. And this amazing side hustle can easily earn you an extra $3000-$4000 a month.
Proofreading may be one of the lesser known ways to make a solid income from home, yet there is an incredibly high demand for proofreading worldwide, and the best part is that you don’t need to be in any specific location to do the job… it’s all from your computer or tablet!
If you want to know the $40k secret these digital freelancers have been hiding from you? Join Caitlin Pyle, creator of Proofread Anywhere offers a FREE 76-minute workshop, where she goes into detail on what skills you need to learn to become a successful proofreader. Here’s what you’ll learn:
- What a successful proofreader does (and doesn’t do!)
- How to elevate your skills to become a GREAT proofreader
- How to use one of the most popular proofreading tools out there… and learn a few places to find clients!
- Learn more about the proofreading profession
The top sites where you can apply for editing and proof-reading jobs to work from home include the following:
- Kibin: This is one of the most popular sites where you can apply for editing and proofreading If you have the skill to make a piece of writing good then you can apply on this site and generate a good amount of income for yourself.
- Proofreadingcom: This is yet another site where you can apply for editing and proofreading jobs. You can either choose to work full time or part time based on your choice. The site provides you with enough work to earn a good income. You will get regular work from the site. In order to get started, you need to first clear a test.
- Scribendi: This site gives you the liberty to choose the work that you want to work on. You can also avail a free training program along with incentive programs on regular pay. The site also provides you with a forum where you can connect with other editors.
- Domainite: This site is always in search of new freelancers to join their team. This is one of the best works from home sites that you will come across online. If you are new to this field then you can gain some paid experience by working for this site. At first, you will have to edit a sample piece, if you do well then you will receive a contract from the site.
- Book in a box: This is also a good site from where you can get started with your freelancing career. The site provides you with sufficient work which will help you to earn more. The team is also very much supporting.
- Gramlee: If you think that you have the skills to be a good editor then this is the site for you. The site is always in search of talented editors to hire. The site is 24/7 online and there is always some or the other work available on the site.
- Editor World: In order to join the site you need to first go through an application process which includes an editing test. If you are able to clear it then you can become a part of the site. This site is basically a marketplace for editors where clients will select you to get their work done.
- Wordy: The next best site to start off as a freelancer is Wordy. But before you start you need to first make yourself familiar with the Wordy guide and then clear an online test. On this site, the editors can claim jobs openly and it works on the first-come-first-served.
- Sibia Proofreading: This is also a great site to start your freelancing career. If you have a background in science then you can consider yourself to be fit for the site. In order to become an editor in Sibia, you need to have a strong educational background.
- English trackers: This is a site that is known to hire expert academic editors. If you have the skills to be a successful editor then you can definitely apply for jobs on this site. The site is known to provide it’s freelancers with a steady income every month.
Virtual Assistant Jobs:
We often talk about the best ways to make money from home and the different ways to work for yourself. One of these most popular ways is Virtual Assistance. As a Virtual Assistant, you can easily make $25 per hr as a complete newbie and up to $100 per hour as an experienced VA!
Here a quick list of 150+ services you can offer as a VA. Found out if they are a good fit for you?
One such hot freelancing job is offering Pinterest Marketing Services! You’ll be surprised to hear how much you can charge as a Pinterest VA. The rate for an absolute beginner may start at $15-20/hour, while the rates for a Pinterest manager can go as high as $75-100/hour.
You can find out more details about, ‘How to Become a Pinterest VA’ here!
Here are a few companies hiring Virtual Assistants:
- Fancy Hands: This company pays anywhere between $2.50 to $7 per task and go up from there.
- Time etc: This leading Virtual Assistant company pays to complete various tasks for clients. Pay is around $11-$16 per hour.
- Virtual Office VA – This company hires virtual assistants to work with some of the top real estate earners, investors & agents, however, they also assist small businesses with tasks that do not require a license or someone to physically be there. Starting pay is $9 to $10 an hour depending on experience.
Part-Time Online Jobs:
If you are looking for other part-time online jobs then you can check out this ultimate list of some of the best part-time job sites to work from home.
- Flex Jobs: This is one of the best part-time job sites that you will come across. The site is known to provide you with data entry, telecommuting and other types of freelancing jobs to take on.
- Fiverr: If you can sell any service for five dollars then this is the site for you. This site is quite different from the other freelancing sites. In order to get started, you need to first create an account on the site.
- ProBlogger Job Board: This is a site that provides a platform for bloggers to write about topics that they are passionate about. The site mainly attracts big companies that are looking forward to hiring.
- Task Rabbit: This site is known to connect freelancers with the clients so that they can get their work done and for that, you can get a good pay as well. If you wish to earn a heavy income then you can consider joining this site.
- Rat Race Rebellion: This site has been in the field for many years now and thus, it makes them one of the trusted and reliable sites for part-time jobs. If you want to earn more by working from home then you can join this site.
- Elance: If you love writing then this site is the perfect fit for you. That’s because this site is known to provide you with writing jobs. Freelancers from all over the world can apply on this site.
- Guru: This is a site that is known to hire freelancers to handle a variety of projects. Here on this site, you can get a wide array of opportunities to enhance your skills. If you think that you have your skills on point then you can apply for jobs on this site.
- com: If writing is your passion then you can consider yourself to be the perfect fit for this site. Here you can find a number of writing jobs to prove your skills and earn a good income for yourself.
- Working Solutions: This site is known to provide home-based work to its freelancers. This site is a great place to start your freelancing career with. The best thing about the site is that you can work anytime you want.
- GoGoKids: The site is known to provide you with teaching opportunities right from your home. So if you think that you can handle it then this is the perfect site for you.
Well, now that you know the best work at home jobs, gran the opportunity to earn a good income right from your home. Begin with the one that suits you the best and get going.
I'm Swati, a mom cum design engineer and a deliberate blogger. I embarked on this impeccable journey primarily to expose my online monetary experiences. Want to attain financial freedom staying at home? Join my make money revolution while sticking to your day job!
Latest posts by Swati Chalumuri (see all)
- 32 Legitimate Online Proofreading Jobs to Make $3k/mon - March 8, 2019
- How This Mom of Two Made $2700 Proofreading Part-time! - February 17, 2019
- How to Make $2,000 a month freelance writing from Home? - February 14, 2019